Leonard “Ray” Rippey, Esq.
Leonard “Ray” Rippey brings nearly 30 years of Federal employment litigation experience to the Bruce Law Firm. Ray is a former Air Force JAG and served as a civil litigation attorney specializing in employment discrimination cases. Recently retired from the Navy’s Office of General Counsel, Ray has quite literally tried cases in Federal Courts from Washington D.C. to Washington state. He holds the distinction of having been lead counsel in the first ever discrimination jury trial against the Federal Government. Ray also has unparalleled knowledge and experience litigating EEO complaints before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), civilian employee Appeals before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Reasonable Accommodation Requests, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues, Whistleblower Complaints and, Security Clearance and Access Suspensions. Let the Bruce Law Firm and Ray fight for your employee rights.
- LL.M. (Labor Law), Georgetown University Law Center 1993 (With Distinction)
- J.D., Saint Mary’s University School of Law University 1986
- Master of Public Administration, University of Tennessee 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Tennessee Technological University 1976 (With Distinction)
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court, Texas, D.C
- Adjunct Professor: Charleston School of Law, taught “Employment Discrimination Law,” Spring 2007.
- Publication: “Motions for Summary Judgment in Mixed Cases: Using Matsushita and the MSPB Adjudication to Increase Plaintiff’s Pretrial Burden,” 38 A.F.L. REV. 109 (1994).
- Military Service: Active duty Air Force October 1979 to May 1996 – appointed Judge Advocate 1986.
Prior Work Experience
- Senior Associate Counsel, SSC Atlantic Office of Counsel
- Counsel, Naval Weapons Station
- Associate Counsel, Office of the Assistant General Counsel, M&RA
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Postal Service Law Department
- Trial Attorney, USAF General Litigation Division
- Labor Counsel, USAF Central Labor Law Office
- Chief of Employment Law, USAF Air Combat Command
- LL.M. Program, Georgetown University Law Center
- Appellate Counsel, Air Force Legal Services Agency
- Criminal Defense Attorney, RAF Upper Heyford
- Contracts Attorney, RAF Upper Heyford